For the Individual Marketplace
- The annual open enrollment period starts November 1st and ends January 31st.
- Outside of open enrollment you can only sign up due to a qualifying event and you only have 60 days to do it, so don’t wait!
- You may be eligible for help from the government to pay for a portion of your health insurance premium. Better get it right though or you may have to pay it back.
- If you did not have health insurance during the year you may be subject to a tax penalty when you file your taxes.
- You are not required to purchase health insurance through Covered California. You can buy your insurance on or off the exchange. However, if you want help paying for the insurance, you must buy it through Covered California.
Call (916) 600-1663 today to talk with an expert or click below to read more about it.